The Reading Hour Event at Civic Library

Monday 19 August 2013


We had such a gorgeous evening at Civic Library this last night, listening to a line-up of local writers reading some pretty sensational works, from picture books to poetry. I loved every minute of it, and my daughter Ella did, too. I read Riley and the Jumpy Kangaroo (it's so nice that adults appreciate picture books!) and it was so much fun to bring Jumpy Roo herself along and have the kids give her a cuddle.

My friend Irma Gold was also be there, reading from Megumi and the Bear, and what a thrill it was to see a seven-year-old read an excerpt from Diary of a Wimpy Kid! One of my favourite pieces was by local author Kaaron Warren.





What a truly wonderful way to pass a Monday evening, complete with coffee and tea and nibbles. Thank you to Sylvia Alston and the ACT Writers Centre team for organising such a delectable night out, in celebration of The Reading Hour.


Don't forget, The Reading Hour is this Saturday 24 August from 5pm to 6pm. I'll be posting what we read on Instagram. Join me! @taniamccartney Use hashtag #readinghourPBchallenge and also #readinghour and #love2readAU!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...